Accounts Payable Associate
Philadelphia, PA US
Our client, a prestigious non-profit research organization in Philadelphia, is seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join their family-focused culture. If you are seeking an opportunity to join a stable, world-renowned nonprofit organization then apply today!
Perks, Pay, & Benefits
5 days a week onsite
Outstanding retirement benefits
Outstanding company culture strong employee connection engaged vibrant, warm and proud---very much a family--ice cream and lunch socials
Company is prideful of its mission and needs
Day to Day Overview
• Reviews incoming invoices, both electronic and paper. Sorts and distributes invoices to appropriate staff member in accordance with verification and approval policies.
• Validates and prepares batches of invoices for data entry utilizing a three-way match process i.e., PO, invoice, and receivers.
• Analyzes invoices for accuracy, discount options, missing documentation, or required approvals.
• Enters invoice data into accounts payable system.
• Assists in payment preparation as needed, including verifying AP batch totals, uploads to the bank and obtaining the proper approvals.
• Researches and responds to past-due notifications from vendors.
• Verifies that appropriate approvals have been obtained, confirms pricing accuracy, and places orders.
• Resolves purchase order problems, checks on backorders, expedites deliveries and processes rebates, returns, and credits.
• Reconciles returns and exchanges of products; works with end users to choose correct product replacements as necessary, provides product and service information and assistance to management, administrative departments, and laboratories.
• Assists Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, and end users in implementing and operating the spend management system and related financial systems. Recommends improvements to systems.
• Works with Finance Department Staff to resolve price discrepancies and process invoices.
• Researches and resolves open encumbrances.
-2 years of AP experience
-Associates Degree Preferred, not required