Accounts Receivable Specialist
Burlington, NJ US
Our client, a nationally leading law firm, is seeking a AR Specialist. This is 100% Onsite for the first 90 days then its 3 days in and 2 days at home. This is truly an opportunity to join an organization that is successful, growing and has created a culture that stands on the principles of integrity, innovation, and quality. If you are seeking an opportunity to join an organization committed to developing and sustaining a culture that supports, promotes, and values its employees, then apply today!
Perks, Pay, & Benefits:
• $42 to $52K Annual Salary paid hourly at a rate of $20-$25 per hour
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
• Luncheons in the office, After hour work get togethers
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in special projects as requested.
• Participates in the monthly Past-Due Accounts meeting and reports status of all delinquent accounts assigned.
• Prepares daily bank deposits by company, balances the deposits with the cash receipts database in intact and completes a monthly reconciliation of deposit slips against the bank deposit report.
• Receives and records daily faxed reports from TD or Republic Bank for all ACH payments received from federal and state governmental agencies under existing contracts and programs.
• Research disputed/delinquent account balances and corrects errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors, including misapplied payments, reversed late charges, direct deposit errors and short and over payments.
• Responsible for neatness of work area, security of payment and deposit records and reports of delinquent accounts
• Process daily cash receipts by identifying appropriate customer accounts and apply cash to open invoices as reflected on the remittance or to open balances if specific invoices paid are unidentified.
• Generates AR aging and cash receipts reports for management.
• Reviews Paid Ahead report and clears accounts that have not made a regular payment in over one month.
• Reviews accounts to be recommended for charge-off, assists in report preparation and obtains approval for write offs.
• At least (2) years’ experience in the accounts receivable function in an automated system
• Extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of position’s duties.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent