Find your fit with Aspire.
Horsham, PA US
Aspire Staffing Group is assisting our client, a highly respected company in the greater Ft. Washington, PA area in seeking a Controller. The Controller will oversee all accounting and financial functions for the company. The Controller will manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the accounting department and will take ownership of all financial reporting for the company. This position will also lead the regulatory process as well as the audit prep and will help to develop all internal controls and policies and procedures. This position is hybrid, 3 days onsite. The ideal candidate will be a CPA, detail oriented, analytical, and effective leader.
This company has an amazing culture! The company is committed to provide a diverse and stimulating work environment and has a great benefits program. Here are some of the benefits the company offers:
• Fantastic benefits package
• 401k plan with company contribution and match
• Generous PTO time.
• Onsite Fitness center
• Corporate discounts and incentives
$170,000 - $190,000 plus bonus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the company’s accounting functions (revenue recognition, collections, AR, AP, general ledger, expense management, payroll and treasury functions), systems, and reporting consistent with GAAP and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
• Lead and deliver a timely, accurate and efficient month-end close process.
• Oversee periodic reporting of financial information/data (revenue, gross profit, DSO, special pricing)
• Manage all aspects of the company’s audits (corporate and 401k), including liaising with external auditors and financial statement preparation with detailed note disclosures.
• Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls, guidelines, policies and procedures that protect company assets and promote financial consistency across the organization.
• Assist the CFO with benchmarking, ad hoc analyses and reporting.
• Together with HR, ensure timely and accurate payroll processing.
• Build and lead an accounting team that thrives on trust and productivity.
• Lead the teams responsible for review of contracts, test pricing, loan agreements, leases, consulting agreements and other legal documents.
• Primary contact for insurance broker and along with CFO manages relationship with attorney and bankers.
• Assist the CFO with cash flow planning and management.
• Manage and administer the 401k plan and financial aspects of the health plan.
• Manage the annual budget process for the company.
• Work with Sales and HR on administration of variable incentive plans
• Identify and implement improvements for the accounting systems, financial reporting and business processes with a goal efficiency and cost effectiveness of the company.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience
• CPA is required.
• Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong financial analysis skills required.
• Ability to lead teams with track record of delegating and empowering staff.
• Highly motivated individual with intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills
• Individual must work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively take on leadership roles.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required to include Pivot Tables, V/XLOOKUP, and formulas.
• Ability to work and influence others while under deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.