Director FCRM AML Methodology
Remote, (none selected) US
Our client, an innovative and growing financial services organization is seeking a top-notch Director level professional to add to their talented Banking Systems and Intelligence Team. This role will report Directly to the Director of System Intelligence within the FCRM Planning and Operations Group. This is a highly visible and influential role and offers strong opportunity for career growth.
***This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Purpose of the role is to drive the maturity of the BSA/AML/Sanctions Program strategy and roadmap which includes identifying and managing innovation initiatives including performing proof-of-concepts, conducting industry research, analyzing vendors and tools. Using knowledge of latest AML innovative risk mitigation methodologies and approaches and industry best practices to recommend future state of the Program and develop a prioritized list of execution plans to transform current systems/processes to target-state.
1. Leads team of AML professionals, delivering AML initiatives from end-to-end including requirements gathering, problem solving, design, testing, supporting development and implementation, addressing AML risk and controls, and communicating to senior/executive management.
2. Leads research and analysis of latest industry tools and methods related to the FinTech and RegTech space leveraging concepts including but not limited to artificial intelligence, machine learning, distributed ledger technologies, robotics process automation, big data, graph databases, etc.
3. Performs vendor/tool proof-of-concepts, vendor/tool analysis, and clearly articulate assessment summaries to leadership.
4. Leads as the Process Champion and Change Agent to assist the Bank in maturing and transforming the AML program.
5. Leads technology and other stakeholder discussions to decide on the target-state ensuring the platform and architecture is scalable and sustainable to mitigate the Bank’s current AML risks as well as future risks from the anticipated business growth.
6. Leads discussions to determine the target-state AML processes including by not limited to automating the risk assessment and required monitoring from new program onboarding, implementing rule tuning techniques, deploying segmentation, and enabling dynamic workflows.
7. Monitors of the program to identify process improvements and updating the roadmap where applicable.
8. Presents analysis and summaries to executive and senior management, auditors and examiners.
9. Maintains documentation to support regular audits and exams. Assists management in preparing materials required for audits and exams.
10. Maintains awareness of BSA, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act and current related regulations, directives, and guidance as it impacts FCRM processes, systems and technology. Participate in external opportunities to gain knowledge of software/platform applications and functionalities aligned with FCRM initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, or a related technical field. (advanced degree a plus)
• 5+ years industry experience in software engineering or machine learning-focused roles
• 7+ years’ experience in the following: BSA/AML/OFAC and compliance, testing and validating BSA/AML/OFAC models, tuning and optimizing BSA/AML monitoring and detection systems
• A strong track record of performing machine learning model development using Python and SQL/NoSQL interaction patterns
Meet Your Recruiter
Kris graduated with a Bachelor and a Masters in Accounting from the University of North Texas. She has been in the Executive Search field for over 20 years. She joined Aspire in 2018 and specializes in developing great relationships with high level executives.
Kris enjoys spending time with her family and her myriad of animals, which include four dogs and two horses.