Director of Accounting
Conshohocken, PA US
Our client, a Private Equity backed, cutting-edge SAAS company experiencing high growth is seeking an Interim Director of Accounting on a contract basis. Reporting to the VP/Controller, the Director of Accounting will be responsible for day-to-day accounting function, managing the monthly close, owning the general ledger and working to identify opportunities to automate and improve accounting processes.
This engagement is approximately 6 months and could lead to a more permanent employment situation for the right candidate.
80% REMOTE work schedule – 1 day per week in office in choice of locations:
Allentown, PA and/or Conshohocken, PA
• Responsible for accounting operations including managing the month end close, ensuring complete and accurate financial statements, reconciliations and reporting.
• Lead the team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities
• Ensure compliance for annual GAAP and statutory audits, and required compliance related filings for all domestic and international subsidiaries
• Monthly review of financials, including budget versus actual and period over period variance analysis.
• Maintain a strong internal control environment, updating the design and scope of controls as the business evolves to maintain the integrity of financial reporting, including implementation of SOX.
• Partner with FP&A & Financial Systems and other cross-functional teams to develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and provide meaningful financial data.
• Provide leadership required to grow and mentor accounting team
• Responsible to assist in the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems including ERP system (Netsuite).
• Management of the Annual Audit and the external audit firm.
• Responsible for Fx, Deferred Revenue, Debt, capex / depreciation
• Assess and improve Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecasting
• Ensure compliance with statutory reporting filings (international entities) and various tax filings (domestic and international entities).
• 8+ years in Accounting or Finance related field
• Certified Public Accountant highly preferred
• Outstanding technical accounting skills - GAAP reporting standards
• Experience with ERP systems, such as NetSuite
• SaaS and Private Equity experience a plus.
Meet Your Recruiter
Kris graduated with a Bachelor and a Masters in Accounting from the University of North Texas. She has been in the Executive Search field for over 20 years. She joined Aspire in 2018 and specializes in developing great relationships with high level executives.
Kris enjoys spending time with her family and her myriad of animals, which include four dogs and two horses.