King of Prussia, PA US
Aspire Staffing Group is assisting in hiring a Fund Manager for a large, well-established company located in the King of Prussia, PA area. The Ideal candidate is a detail oriented, motivated, self-starter who can work in a fast-paced and complex environment. This driven individual must have the ability to work effectively as an individual contributor as well as a team player and capable of prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
This company has a fantastic culture. The company is extremely diverse and is a collaborative, challenging and empowering environment with continued development and opportunities for growth. Here are some of the benefits the company offers:
• Outstanding benefits package with multiple options to choose from
• 401k plan with company contribution and match
• Hybrid schedule (3 days in, 2 days remote)
• Generous PTO time.
Pay Rate: $190,000 - $200,000 dependent on experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ensure execution of risk-focused oversight model that addresses all aspects of the Funds’ operations including custody, accounting, valuation, financial reporting, and tax-related matters.
• Implement, document, and ensure adherence to all policies and procedures, specifically key controls to mitigate risks; continuously evaluate the risk environment and adjust controls and processes as needed.
• Review financial statements applying technical expertise; execute disclosure control procedures; and certify to internal controls over financial reporting.
• Oversee the coordination of all audit efforts with service providers and external auditors to ensure financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Key participant in the Valuation Committee ensuring accurate and complete pricing and valuation of securities through sound policies and procedures.
• Review all fund-related regulatory filings, such as the Prospectus and SAI; participate in efforts to respond to regulatory requests and inquiries related to the funds.
• Manage relationships and contracts with third-party service providers.
• Participate in various fund-related initiatives, such as new product launches, fund mergers, and fund liquidations.
• Oversee the implementation of new regulatory rules.
• Develop relationships and prepare materials to summarize oversight results to the funds’ Board of Directors.
• Develop materials to provide periodic reporting to management regarding results of oversight model, status of initiatives and issue resolution.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. A CPA is preferred.
• 10+ years’ experience in the investment management industry, Big 4 audit experience within investment management coupled with relevant industry experience is preferred.
• Technical expertise required in accounting, tax, and regulatory matters as it relates to registered investment companies.
• Controls-minded with deep appreciation for maintaining a strong control environment by adhering to and continuously evaluating policies and procedures.
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate issues, propose solutions, and execute plan with consideration for all downstream implications.
• Effective leadership style and ability to develop a team of professionals to execute on stated objectives.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner in any format.
• Self-starter, intellectually curious, and possess a process-improvement mentality willing to challenge status quo.