Philadelphia, PA US
Our client, an independent, nonprofit organization which is well respected and extremely sought after, is seeking an HR Manager to join their award-winning team on a direct hire basis. This position is truly hybrid with the ability to operate 100% remote. It is truly an opportunity to join an organization that has created a culture that is respectful of work life balance, committed to inclusion and employee engagement, and has been recognized by the Philadelphia Business Journal as “A Best Place” to work year over year. If you are seeking an opportunity to join an organization that loves and respects its employees, then apply today.
Perks, Pay, & Benefits
• $100,000 annually
• 100% paid employee dental and 100% paid HSA or cash in lieu of benefits
• 401K with immediate vesting and Safe Harbor with 3% employer contribution
• Fully paid week off between Christmas and New Years
• Develop and maintain employee engagement initiatives; including annual education events and social outings, as well as volunteer opportunities
• Develop, update, and administer Human Resources policies and procedures, and maintain and update Employee Handbook; counsel, orient, and train managers and supervisors on the interpretation and administration of Human Resources policies
• Handle employee recruitment, working closely with supervisors and managers; provide employee training and support, along with longitudinal onboarding, professional development opportunities, and offboarding of all employees
• Manage an annual employee satisfaction and feedback survey process and subsequent readouts, as well as additional employee surveys as needed and appropriate
• Manage annual employee performance management processes, oversee and coordinate overall employee workload
• Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions; coordinate all benefits processing; handle enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDROs, QMCSOs, distributions, and any other key benefit requirements
• Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the finance team on HR related matters, including overseeing payroll processing and compliance with all state processing and filing requirements for local as well as remote employees
• Proactively recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to maintain efficient and effective services
• Oversee maintenance of employee benefits files; maintain group benefits database and update employee payroll records in conjunction with the finance staff; maintain employee attendance records, including logging PTO
• Oversee the processing of monthly billings and payment of administrative fees for all group plans
• Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance
• Perform plan audits; prepare, collect, and organize data for actuarial assessments; review data in conjunction with actuarial evaluation task forces
• Monitor administrative costs of benefits programs and recommend cost containment strategies
• Bachelor's degree in human resource management or related field, and at least five years of related human resource, benefits and/or employee benefits administration experience
• SHRM certification and/or human resource, business administration, or similar coursework preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Experience with Bamboo HRIS preferred.
You must be willing to manage processes and roll up your sleeves to handle the grunt work. Do you have the experience and want to do so?
Do you have knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations?