Junior Tax Accountant
Philadelphia, PA US
Our client, a nationally leading law firm, is seeking a Junior Tax Associate. This is 100% Onsite for at least the first year. This is truly an opportunity to join an organization that is successful, growing and has created a culture that stands on the principles of integrity, innovation, and quality. If you are seeking an opportunity to join an organization committed to developing and sustaining a culture that supports, promotes, and values its employees, then apply today!
Perks, Pay, & Benefits:
• $75K-$85K Annual Salary
• 10-20% Annual Bonus
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision programs with Telemedicine Health Advocate
• Employee assistance programs such as:
o Elder and dependent care referral service
o Health advocate services
o Gym membership discount program
o Weight loss program discounts
o Health coaching
o Parental caregiver leave
o Student loan refinancing/consolidation programs
o Fun, entertaining and productive offsite team building retreats
• Review and respond to tax authority inquiries in conjunction with supervisors
• Prepare payroll and payroll tax returns, sales and other local tax returns as assigned.
• Work closely with senior managers providing innovative tax planning solutions and strategies
• Perform diversified accounting and tax assignments under the direction of director or immediate supervisor/reviewer
• Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and departmental/firm standards
• Schedule property and equipment and calculates depreciation and amortization as needed
• Perform general accounting duties including preparing bank reconciliations, trace discrepancies, record daily transactions to journals and general ledger, and prepare financial statements as assigned
• Meet time constraints, budgets and client deadlines
• Prepare individual and fiduciary tax returns, and, when assigned and if needed, participate in business, non-profit and trust tax planning and compliance
• Prepare routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of director and/or immediate supervisor
• Perform a wide variety of tax compliance and planning activities for high net worth individuals, businesses and trusts.
• Perform the broadest range of junior accountant level tasks so that direct participation of immediate supervisor is minimized
• CPAs or CPA candidates with 1-3 years of recent public accounting experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
• Proficiency with computer applications and MS Office products
• Well-rounded general base of knowledge of accounting principles and income tax regulations
1. Do you have a CPAs or CPA candidates with 1-3 years of recent public accounting experience?
2. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university?
3. Do you have experience with preparing individual and fiduciary tax returns?