Philadelphia, PA US
Our client, a distinguished, real estate investment trust specializing in the ownership and management of differentiated retail shopping malls designed to fit the dynamic communities, is seeking a Property Accountant to join their driven team within the greater Philadelphia area on a permanent hire basis. This is a Hybrid Position. This is truly an opportunity to join an organization that is experiencing unprecedented organic growth and has created a culture that stands on the principles of integrity, innovation, and quality. If you are seeking an opportunity to join an organization prideful of its dynamic culture, its promotion from within mentality, and truly cares for the wellbeing of its employees; then apply today!
Perks, Pay, & Benefits:
- $80-$90K annually with 10% Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401(k) - Company match after 6 months
- PTO and sick time
- Hybrid Work Schedule
Day to Day Overview:
Financial Statements (Monthly and Quarterly)
- Closes books by analyzing all cash, income, and expense accounts and ensures that cash receipts and payable entries are accurate.
- Prepare and complete all necessary adjusting general ledger entries and work papers (e.g. accruals such as CAM, Taxes, Percentage Rents, etc).
- Maintains fixed asset ledger and analyzes all capital additions
- Prepares clear and concise actual v. budget and actual v. reforecast variance statements.
- Produces financial statements and distributes them within the company
- Provide requested accounting information on a quarterly and annual basis for internal and external auditors and tax preparers.
- Prepares analyses requested by the Accounting Manager.
- Assists throughout Accounting Department as necessary.
- Participate in quality control review process for Company's SEC filings.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SUPPORT:
A/R & Collections
- Supervise Bookkeeper and work closely with Property Manager on current month collection issues.
- Contact tenants with questions concerning non-recurring billings, review proposed write-offs.
- Provide budget amounts for select income and expense accounts.
- Assist with review and quality control of budget process.
Non-Recurring Tenant Billings/Adjustments
- Calculate and generate % rent invoices
- Complete annual expense reimbursement reconciliations for CAM, Real Estate Taxes, Food Court CAM, Insurance & Security
- Review and post manual billing adjustments prepared by bookkeeper
- Update income and expense accounts on a monthly basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Bookkeeping experience including accounts payable or receivables, and knowledge of computerized procedures
- Combination of equivalent education and experience necessary to effectively perform the responsibilities of the position
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is preferred
- Accurate numerical ability and attentiveness to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of management staff, and business representatives
- Effective interpersonal skills