Cherry Hill, NJ US
Our client, a large, premier and highly sought-after employer in South Jersey is seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Accountant for their Sales Incentives Division.
This company is a very employee-friendly that boasts very low employee turnover, clear long term career paths and promotions, excellent training and top-shelf employee benefits including pension, strong bonus plan and health benefits effective Day 1.
Hybrid role – 25% work from home
Office location: Cherry Hill, NJ area
Salary $80K + 8% bonus
Senior Accountant – Sales Incentives
Performs accounting responsibilities related to assigned functional area accounts which includes the analysis, maintenance, reconciliation, examination, and verification of accounts activity. Responsible for posting and closing assigned accounts on a monthly basis. Completes account analysis and may prepare financial statements.
• Completes monthly closing of accounts in assigned functional area to include journal entries, reconciliations, accruals and supporting financial schedules.
• Reconciles all activity for assigned general ledger accounts utilizing subledgers and Oracle. Researches and corrects accounting discrepancies
• Performs research into inquiries and explains rationale for accounting decisions.
• Generates information for accounting/financial documentation including balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and fiscal year-end statements, all with supporting analysis.
• Audits and records all funds movement, as well as records all material adjustments to financial statements. Matches amounts to their source.
• Ensures all SOX compliance controls are followed.
• Analyzes transactions to ensure accuracy of balances and that transactions are accounted for appropriately within the general ledger system.
• Prepares and distributes analysis and summary reports to all management levels.
• Perform depreciation, forecasting, and projection analyses as requested.
• Maintains cost and accrual worksheets for sales and other incentives relating to sales
• Develops and maintains complex unit-level incentive cost analysis including metrics, monthly programs’ cost components, interest costs, and penetration experience, and other key performance indicators (KPIs) for management reporting.
• Works with Incentive Finance Manager in the development of incentive program fiscal year budget and forecast.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• ERP financial systems.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel and Word).
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Meet Your Recruiter
Kris graduated with a Bachelor and a Masters in Accounting from the University of North Texas. She has been in the Executive Search field for over 20 years. She joined Aspire in 2018 and specializes in developing great relationships with high level executives.
Kris enjoys spending time with her family and her myriad of animals, which include four dogs and two horses.