Find your fit with Aspire.
Sr. Project Accountant/Assistant Controller
Wilmington, DE US
Aspire Staffing Group is assisting our client, a respected company in the greater Wilmington, DE area in seeking an Assistant Controller. The ideal candidate will provide support to the team through the coordination and management of all tasks related to the accounting and finance team. The candidate will need strong problem-solving skills, an ability to meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team. This position is 5 days on site.
This company has a fantastic culture. The company is committed to provide a safe working environment and has a great benefits program. Here are some of the benefits the company offers:
• Fantastic benefits package
• 401k plan with company contribution and match
• Generous PTO time.
$90,000 - $100,000 dependent on experience
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contracts and Purchase Orders (PO), invoices, Change Orders (CO), reports, and any additional billing-related items.
• Prepare monthly AIA, Fixed Price (FP), Time + Material (TM), and Work Order (WO) billings for all assigned projects
• Submit monthly/weekly billings on external portals such as Textura, Ariba, Coupa, and other software.
• Monthly reconciliation of the General Ledger.
• Verify the system matches external timesheets, and request reclassifications of employee billable hours, materials, and/or expenses when necessary.
• Examine any unbilled issues to boost the billing possibilities for the billing period.
• Assist with executing COs in Spectrum, making sure the value and the scope is correct
• Reconcile invoices as needed
• Work with PM’s schedule of values, COs, and monthly/weekly TM and progress billings, verifying all monthly invoicing requirements are met
• Maintain Accounts Receivable (AR) and notes related to past due invoices, follow up on collections when needed.
• Work closely with the Regional Controller to support the financial tasks and maintain accurate and detailed reporting on assigned projects.
• Ensure proper documentation for contracts, POs, COs, adjustments, and other pertinent billing information are maintained in project files
• Develop and maintain positive professional relationships both internally & externally creating smooth project accounting operations.
• Evaluate and pursue opportunities for maximization of customer billing; communicate with the Regional Controller, as to your observations and actions taken.
• Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
• Minimum of three (3) years in an accounting role; construction industry preferred, project accounting
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Familiar with standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a part of the team
• Ability to work on tight deadlines
• Problem-solving and time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Highly organized
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Viewpoint Spectrum or other ERP system, a plus